WHAT IS HUMIDIMIX®?
HUMIDIMIX is a specially formulated supplement that contains high levels of potassium, chloride and magnesium to encourage drinking and help with:
- Replacing essential electrolytes
- Horses recovering from sweat loss due to heat, humidity and intense or prolonged exercise.
The powdered supplement can be added to feed or given in water.
- High performance horses doing moderate speed work over extended periods (e.g. harness, racing, endurance, eventing, dressage, stock work)
- Heavy sweaters
- Horses working in hot and humid conditions
- Horse prone to ‘tying up’ or ‘anhidrosis’ (dry coat or non-sweating disease)
WHY CHOOSE HUMIDIMIX?
- Higher levels of potassium – To avoid decreases in muscle strength and tone.
- Higher levels of chloride – To help avoid blood alkalosis (hypochloraemic alkalosis), which causes issues such as loss in racing performance, uncharacteristic nervy behaviour and increased risk of tying up.
- Higher levels of magnesium – To maintain metabolism and musculoskeletal soundness.
- Ideal balance of electrolytes – HUMIDIMIX replaces electrolytes in proportion to those lost in heavy sweating for immediate correction and performance.
- Encourages drinking through versatile dosing without the fillers (e.g. sugar, lactose or table salt).